The Stadspartij is a party for all residents of Wageningen. Together we look at the importance of the city and its inhabitants. The local conditions are leading in this. Because we are a local party we can focus on that and we do not have to join national policy. Nevertheless, we have a clear line in our decisions:
- financial policy must be realistic and conclusive,
- spatial development must be based on clear considerations
- social policy is fair and truly social.
In all these and other subjects, the city with its inhabitants is central. That’s why the Stadspartij has the slogan: When you love Wageningen you vote Stadspartij.
Elections are a snapshot, actually we find the rest of the four years in the council much more fun. We can then really discuss topics with residents and other council members.The ‘Stadspartij’ (City Party) is interested in each resident and interested in the society of Wageningen. The city council members are therefore actively present at meetings in the city to know what is going on and what is going on with the residents. We are active in approaching citizens and listening to what is going on with them. It is up to us to clearly articulate that and to take decisions on that basis.
The Stadspartij finds it very important to be accessible and approachable. Everyone who approaches us, via personal contact or by email, will receive a quick answer. That’s what we stand for!
Under you can find an overview of the most important points from our election programme.
- Aim for an approachable and cooperative municipality that helps residents and takes them seriously
- Commitment to feedback from the participation – what has been done with it and which considerations have been made
- A positive approach to assessing plans: Yes if, instead of No, unless!
- Adequate parking facilities for both bicycle and car
- Prevent vacancy through concentration of shops in the center area
- Repair the city canal and extend the Wallenpad
- Permanently commemorate liberation and capitulation
- Wageningen the knowledge center in the field of 'Life Sciences'
- Stimulate small retailers and locally producing entrepreneurs to promote individuality
- Keep production companies in Wageningen for labor market prospects
- Sound and solid financial policy with a structurally balanced budget
- Money follows policy
- Financial reserves are there to hedge risks
|CLIMATE, NATURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Climate neutral when possible
- Priority in insulation and reducing energy consumption
- Gasless and energy neutral for new construction
- Solar energy on dikes and solar parks (but not in vulnerable nature areas)
- Windmills do not fit into our Wageningen landscape
|ART & CULTURE
- Freely accessible activities together with entrepreneurs and cultural institutions
- Give artists the opportunity to exhibit their own work in public spaces
- More meeting points for young people to 'chill out'
- Complete privatization of Junushoff with commercial exploitation
- Safe school-home routes for students
- School buildings and (neighborhood) playgrounds are multifunctional
- Primary school students obtain at least 1 swimming diploma during school time
- Preconditions for a pleasant study stay are of great importance
|PUBLIC ORDER AND SECURITY
- Wageningen safe for everyone 24/7
- Financial scope for sufficient capacity for special investigating officers
- Enforcement action, also against minor offences, increases sense of security
- Level of maintenance in the city center up, more green areas
- Execute city center implementation program
- Support initiatives that improve the appearance of the city
|SPACE IN WAGENINGEN
- Red contour and no extension in the outer area (De Eng/Binnenveld)
- Plans for building by project developers must meet the requirements of the Housing Vision
- The emphasis in housing development should be on seniors and starters
- Move along and move more
- Sport is accessible and affordable for everyone
- Incentive fund from which financial incentives can be paid to athletes or associations that do something extra